Dear Champions for Children Families,
It is with great pleasure that ZooTampa at Lowry Park shares our exciting program that has been developed in partnership with Champions for Children and the Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative. Through our Zoo Access for All program we will provide CFC families with a multilayer program that provides long term nature-related family engagement opportunities. We have a safe, engaging outdoor experience in which families can make observations, draw conclusions, and nurture their genuine interest in the natural world around them.
Our Natural Foundation to Learning program is set up to provide several opportunities to create memories with your family in nature. During this program you will be provided:
- Nature Activity kit with an activity guide and guide resources that can be used during your day at ZooTampa or in your neighborhood
- Two complimentary opportunities to come experience ZooTampa during selected dates and times
- Four virtual story time and Zoo experiences hosted by Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative and ZooTampa
Trips to ZooTampa
You will receive complimentary admission to ZooTampa for up to 8 people between November 2nd and November 22nd, 2020, or between January 19th and February 7th, 2021. Admission based on availability. Please be sure to choose your date and book a reservation using the calendar below.
To receive your admission:
- A minimum of four day advance reservations are required to ensure we have your tickets available for you at ZooTampa’s Will Call ticket booth, located at our main entrance.
- Your tickets can be picked up on the day of your reserved visit under your last name at ZooTampa’s Will Call ticket booth, located at our main entrance.
The Hillsborough County Public Library Cooperative and ZooTampa will offer four virtual programs that enhance our Activity Guide.
- November 30th at 9:30 AM — Topic: Things that Fly
- December 14th at 9:30 AM — Topic : Real vs Not Real
- January 11th at 9:30 AM — Topic: Shapes and Patterns in Nature
- January 18th at 9:30 AM — Topic: Sense in Nature
As a participant, we would like your feedback through our four online surveys to help us understand how the program impacted your family. Program evaluations will be sent to your email address on:
- November 1st, 2020
- January 4th, 2021
- February 8th, 2021
- May 8th, 2021
To book your reservation, please tell us the number of guests in your party, including children under 3 years old, and then select the date of your visit below. You will pick up your tickets at the ZooTampa Will Call window on the date of your reservation — your tickets will be held under the last name listed on the reservation. Reservations must be made at least 48 hours in advance.
We look forward to welcoming you to ZooTampa, where you can Get Wild Safely!
Vice President of Learning and Community Engagement